- The Union Health Ministry has launched the Learning Management Information System (LMIS), Saksham (SAKSHAM) of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The full form of Saksham (SAKSHAM) is ‘Stimulating Advanced Knowledge for Sustainable Health Management’.
- Saksham acts as a comprehensive digital education platform to provide online training and medical education to all healthcare professionals across the country.
- It has been developed by the National Institute of Health & Family Welfare (NIHFW).
- The platform aims to ensure inclusive capacity building among health professionals, from those working in rural and remote primary health centers to tertiary care and corporate hospitals in metropolitan cities.
- Saksham will be developed as a centralized resource repository for training and learning materials.
- It will also act as a central database of trained health professionals in the country.
- At present Saksham (SAKSHAM) facilitates more than 200 public health and 100 clinical courses accessible through online mode.
National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW)
- Establishment: NIHFW was established on March 9, 1977 under the autonomous Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Mandate: The primary objective of NIHFW is to act as a think tank to promote health and family welfare programs in the country.
- It is health professionals, frontline health workers; It is also a major organization for capacity building through training of Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA), Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) and other central and state officials and health workers.
SAKSHAM was developed by the National Institute of Health and Family Welfare in New Delhi.
About New Delhi
- It serves as the capital of India and is located within the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- The city is home to the administrative headquarters of all three branches of the Government of India, the executive, legislative and judicial branches.
- One of the notable landmarks in New Delhi is the Rashtrapati Bhavan, which serves as the official residence of the President of India.
- Sansad Bhavan, also known as Sansad Bhawan, is another prominent structure in the city where the sessions of the Parliament of India are held.
Establishment – 1911
Inauguration – 1931
Mayor – Shelly Oberoi